Use your existing domain name for your Google My Business site
You can use a domain name (like "example.com") that you already own for your new Google My Business site. If you’ve had a website on your domain for a while and it appears when you search for your business on Google, your new Google site can use your existing domain name.
To do so, you’ll need to either login to your hosting company account and choose a “Redirect” option or similar, or contact your hosting company and tell them to redirect your existing domain to your new Google My Business site.
Once you find a redirect option, point your domain to the URL for your new site provided during the Google My Business site creation process.
To find your new site’s URL, return to Google My Business, select Website from the menu, and then click Settings in the toolbar on the left side. At the top of the panel that appears, you’ll see your site address.
Forward your domain to your Google My Business website
Here are examples of how to forward your domain using common hosting providers:
- Log into your account at http://www.godaddy.com
- Next to domains, click Manage.
- Choose Add website.
- Click Connect to an existing site.
- Select Forward to any site and enter the URL of your Google My Business website.
- Log into your account at http://www.enom.com
- From the menu, click Domains My Domains.
- Click on a domain name.
- Click Host Records or select Host Records from the drop-down list.
- Select URL redirect to forward the host name to your Google My Business website. Enter your Google My Business website address.
- Go to http://www.networksolutions.com
- Select Domain Name Web forwarding.
- Choose Log in to select a domain from your existing account.
- Enter your user ID and password, then click Login. Select the domain name you would like to forward, then click Continue with Web Forwarding.
- In the “Destination URL” box, type the URL of your Google My Business website.
- Select the term periods you would like to purchase, then click Secure Checkout.
If for some reason your hosting provider doesn’t have a redirect option, you may want to contact your web host’s (not Google’s) support team for help. Often you can find contact information on the hosting provider’s website. Or you can purchase a custom domain from Google.