Remove duplicate locations
If you add a location that’s already been verified in Google My Business, it won’t appear on Google Maps and will be marked as a “Duplicate location” in your account. If you verified the original location, you can remove the duplicate location following the steps below.
If you’re trying to add a location verified by another user, follow these instructions to request access to the location.
Duplicate locations in your account
If you have two or more identical locations in your account, only one of the locations can be verified and appear on Google Maps. The other locations will be marked as duplicates. To remove duplicate locations from your account:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Click Duplicate locations at the top of the page, then click the location you'd like to remove.
- Review the location. Make sure the business information for the duplicate location is included in the location that will remain in your account. Make sure that the photo URLs, ad-specific fields, and store codes are up-to-date in the location that you are keeping.
- Click the back arrow in the top-left corner to return to your location list.
- Click Remove duplicate on the right side of the location you'd like to remove.
Duplicate locations on Google Maps
The duplicates in your account don’t appear on Google Maps. To report duplicates of locations you’ve noticed on Google Maps, click the Report a Problem link from the Google Maps results which contain the location. Then, select the options to report the location as a duplicate.