Transfer primary ownership
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you want to manage.
- In the left menu, click Users.
- Select the user you want to be the new Primary owner. To the right of their name, click the box.
- Select “Primary owner.”
- This option only displays if you're an Primary owner of the Business Profile.
- Click Transfer Done. Primary ownership transfers to the new owner immediately.
Understand profile owner & manager roles
About Business Profile roles
Each Business Profile can have multiple owners but only one Primary owner.
Primary owners and Owners:
- Can add other users to share management of a profile
- Have the same capabilities, except:
- A Primary owner can’t remove themselves from a Business Profile until they transfer primary ownership to another user.
- Have most of the capabilities of an Owner, except for more sensitive functions
- Can’t remove the Business Profile
- Can’t manage users
- Have most of the capabilities of a Manager.
- Can only edit some business information.
- Can submit a request to upgrade their role. To submit a request, a Site manager must:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Submit the request to a Manager or Owner of a verified Business Profile.
- Any owner can then approve or deny the request.
The chart below details the capabilities of each type of user.
To see a summary of the different capabilities of each type of user, view the chart below:
|Add and remove users|
|Remove Business Profiles|
|Edit all URLs|
|Accept all Google updates|
|Opt in or out of Bookings|
|Update certain location settings
|Manage Business Profile directly on Search and Maps|
|Manage Google Ads account links|
|Add custom labels to make it easy to find
particular groups of locations
|Edit food delivery link|
Edit some main business info, like hours and
|Edit phone number|
|Create, manage, and publish posts|
|Add, delete, and edit cover photos and additional photos|
|Add, delete, and edit logos|
|Add, delete, and edit product|
|Respond to reviews|
|Respond to Q&A|
Sign up as a Site manager
You can find a Site manager sign-up link in the Business Profile of claimed chain locations on Maps and Search.
- You can verify as a Site manager if you’re:
- A new user who signs up for Google My Business
- An existing user who tries to use claimed chain profiles
- Franchise owners and store managers can use the sign-up link to easily manage profiles for their locations.
Google verifies Site managers to make sure their profile data is accurate. However, Owners can still add and remove owners through their Google My Business account.