Websites made with Google Business Profiles are basic websites powered by the information on your Business Profile. In March 2024, websites made with Google Business Profiles will be turned off and customers visiting your site will be redirected to your Business Profile instead. The redirect will work until June 10, 2024.
- Domains that end with business.site and negocio.site will be removed from the website field on your Business Profile in March. We recommend that you update your Google Business Profile to point to a new website.
- Other than that, your Business Profile won’t be affected. When customers visit your website made with Google Business Profile, they’ll be redirected to your Business Profile instead.
- If you don’t have a website made with a Google Business Profile, the changes discussed in this article won’t affect you.
As a reminder, your Business Profile is a great place to:
- Showcase your business
- Share important information, updates, and links to other social platforms
- Use photos to attract customers
- Let customers know how contact you through messages or by adding your phone number
When your website is turned off
Once the website made with your Google Business Profile is turned off in March 2024, customers attempting to visit the website will be redirected to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
Important: Your customers will only be redirected to your Business Profile until June 10, 2024. After that date, customers will get a “page not found” error when attempting to visit your website. If you’d like to continue having a website for your business, consider creating a new website using other tools and updating your Business Profile with the new website address.
To continue having a website for your business, you could consider using a site builder, such as:
Tip: Update your Business Profile with your new website. Learn how to edit your Business Profile on Google.
Manage Ads campaign connected to your website
If you are using a website made with a Google Business Profile for your Ads campaign, update your ads to link to a different website before March 1, 2024 to keep them running. Learn more about how to create a website or a landing page for your ads. Alternatively, you can pause your campaigns.
Manage your third-party domains
If you’re using a custom domain name to forward traffic to the website made with your Google Business Profile, customers visiting this domain will also be redirected to your Business Profile. The redirect will only work until June 10, 2024. Sign in to your hosting company account and choose a “Redirect” option or similar to forward your third-party domain to a different website before June 10, 2024.
Get more help
If you need more help about the websites made with Google Business Profile being turned off, contact us.