There are 3 levels of availability for books submitted to the Partner Program:
- Activated for preview in Google Books and enabled for sale in the Google Play Store, in countries/regions where available.
- Activated for preview in Google Books but not available for sale on Play Store.
- Deactivated, with no preview on Google Books and not available for sale on Google Play.
Each book displays one of the following status messages in your Book Catalog and on the individual book's Summary page:
- Live on Google Play: The book is available in the Play Store. Hover over the status message in the Book Catalog to find the countries where the book is available for sale.
- Live on Google Books: The book has a preview on Google Books. In the Book Catalog, hover over the status message to find the countries where the preview is available.
- Needs approval: You added this book to your account, but you haven't yet indicated whether you want it to be available on Google Books or in the Google Play Store. To set the book's availability, in the Book Catalog, select the book's title. Then go to the Summary Tab.
- To avoid this status in the future, you can adjust the defaults in the template settings.
- Needs action: There's an issue that prevents the book from going live on Google Books or the Play Store. To find more details, in the Book Catalog, hover over the status message in your account. To find out what steps to take, use our troubleshooting tool.
- Processing: A recent change to your book's files or settings is still in process. Check back soon for an updated status.
- Deactivated: The book was added to the Book Catalog, but then was unpublished and currently isn't live on either Google Books or Google Play. It doesn't appear in the default view of the Book Catalog, but does appear for specific searches.
If you want to view details on the status of all your books without hovering over each status message in the Book Catalog, you can download a spreadsheet of your books. When you download the spreadsheet, be sure to check the box next to "Show metadata columns."
You can't activate or deactivate previews for Google Books in bulk. If you need to change previews in Google Books in bulk, contact us. You can still enable multiple books for sale or remove them from sale on Google Play when you use a spreadsheet to change book settings in bulk.
- Sign in to the Play Books Partner Center.
- On the left, select Book Catalog.
- Select the book's title.
- Select Review.
- Activate the book to allow it to become previewable on Google Books.
- Enable the book for sale to allow it to be sold on Google Play.
- This option is available in limited countries/regions.
- Deactivate the book to remove it from Google Books and Google Play.
Tip: You may also need to provide files and settings for the book before it can go live. If that's the case, the book displays the "Needs action" status message.