If you have a large catalogue, you may find it convenient to add books to your account in bulk.
Provide book settings using a spreadsheet
- Sign in to your Partner Centre account at play.google.com/books/publish/.
- On your book catalogue page, click the Advanced options button, then select Download template.
- If you have more than one template, select the template with the default settings that you'd like to apply to the books that you're planning to add.
- If you'd like to set price currency and tax-inclusion settings to all book uploads for this template, check the Add price columns to the CSV file box and select applicable options. Note that you cannot apply specific price amounts at the Template level, only price settings.
- Download the generated file and open it in a spreadsheet programme. If your programme offers multiple options for opening the file, specify these options:
- Separated by tabs
- UTF-16 encoding
- Add information about the books that you're adding, one book per row. Although only the title and identifier columns are required, we recommend that you provide as much information as possible. If you leave any cells blank, they'll be given the default value as determined by the template that you selected. You can find explanations for each column by visiting our page about spreadsheets.
- After you've filled out the spreadsheet and saved it, return to the Partner Centre and your book catalogue. Click the Advanced options button, then select Upload book list.
- Check that your spreadsheet was properly processed by visiting your upload history (Advanced options View uploaded lists). You can search for any specific upload by typing its file name in the search bar at the top. If there are any errors, click the number of rows with errors to download a report. After making any necessary changes, upload the corrected spreadsheet. Successfully processed books will appear in your Book Catalogue (you may need to reload the page).
Upload content and cover files
- On the Book Catalogue page of your Partner Account, click the Advanced options button, then Upload content files (PDF, JPG...).
- Choose the book format that you want to upload.
- Click Choose files and select the files that you wish to upload from your computer. You can upload multiple files, although each file must be less than 2 GB in size. Make sure that your files follow our eBook filename guidelines or audiobook filename guidelines.
- Once your files are successfully processed, they'll appear on the Content tab for each book. If you're not missing any necessary settings or files, your books will appear on Google Books and, depending on your settings, on Google Play.
Filename guidelines for bulk uploads
If your books already have unique identifiers (such as an ISBN or a Google-assigned GGKEY): Replace 'ISBN' in the example filenames below with the book's actual identifier. (For GGKEYs, you don't have to include the
GGKEY:prefix.) If you have both a print and an electronic ISBN, we generally recommend naming your PDF files using the print ISBN, and naming the EPUB files using the electronic ISBN.
- If your books don't have unique identifiers: You can use your own filenames, replacing
in the example filenames below with text of your choice. We recommend that you avoid using the underscore character (
_) except as noted in the examples for cover images (e.g.
- Submitting updated files: If you wish to submit an update to the content or cover of a book which originally didn't have an identifier, you can either reuse the same filename as the initial upload, or name the updated file using the GGKEY identifier which will be assigned once the book is added to your book catalogue. Using a different filename that's not based on the identifier will create a new entry in your book catalogue.
Cover files should be in PNG or JPEG and have an appropriate filename extension. PDF or TIFF format can be accepted for eBooks.
|A single eBook PDF file including the cover
|An eBook PDF file that does not contain covers; front and back covers provided separately
[ISBN]_interior.pdf – content
[ISBN]_frontcover.jpg (file extension may differ) – front cover
[ISBN]_backcover.jpg (file extension may differ) – back cover, optional
|An eBook split into multiple PDF files
|An EPUB file
[ISBN].epub – content with cover included
[ISBN].jpg (file extension may differ) – front cover for marketing thumbnail, optional
|Single audio file for an entire audiobook
|Multiple audio files for a single audiobook
The ZIP is named as ID.zip, and all audio files in the ZIP are in alphabetical order.