Add a single book
If you have a large number of books you'd like to submit at one time, please read the instructions for adding multiple books.
Provide book settings
- Sign in to the Partner Center at play.google.com/books/publish.
- Go to the Book Catalog.
- Click the Add book button.
Enter the ISBN, if your book has one. You can enter either the 10-digit or 13-digit ISBN. If you don't have an ISBN for the book, check the box labeled This book doesn't have an ISBN or other identifier to assign a Google-only identifier (prefixed with
GGKEY) to your book.
- If you have multiple templates in your account, select the template with the default settings you'd like to apply to this book.
- Click the Create button.
Provide as much information as possible about the book.
- On the General details tab, enter basic bibliographic information such as the title and author. (Provide the author's name by adding a contributor.)
- On the Content tab, you can upload the files for this book.
- On the Prices tab, specify where you want to sell the book and for how much. (This tab is only available if you can sell books on Google Play).
- On the Settings tab, provide additional information about your book and configure its preview and distribution settings.
- Click the name of each tab to navigate to it. When you're ready to submit files for this book, go to the Content tab and follow the steps for uploading the content and cover.
Upload content and cover files
- Go to the Content tab for the book and click the Upload content button.
- Click Choose files and select the files for this book from your computer. You can upload multiple files at one time, although each file must be less than 2 GB in size. Please be sure to follow our filename guidelines. Successfully uploaded and processed files will be listed on this tab, although there may be a processing delay before they appear.
Publish the book
Once you've provided the book content and you're satisfied with book settings, you're ready to publish your book. Go to the Publish tab and click the Ready to publish button. If your account is based in a country where you can sell books on Google Play, you can choose where your book should become available:
- Publish to Google Play and Google Books will display your book both on Google Books and in the Google Play store.
- Publish to Google Books only will display your book on Google Books, with the full text searchable and the specified percentage available to read online.
- The book will immediately appear in your Book Catalog and be published within 12 hours.