Submit tax information for book sales on Google Play
You must submit your tax information in order to be paid for book sales on Google Play made in U.S. dollars
To complete the appropriate tax form, sign in to the Partner Center and follow these steps:
- Go to the Payment Center.
- Click the edit link for a payment profile.
- Click Payee Profile to load your business information.
- Click the Submit Tax Information link.
- You will be asked a series of questions to determine which tax form you need to submit. If you already know which form you need, you can bypass these questions by choosing your tax form directly. You will be brought to the appropriate form.
- Check that your name at the top of the form is correct and matches your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). To change your name on the form, click the Payee Profile link and edit your payee profile, then save and return to the tax form.
- If you need assistance filling out the form, click the link in the upper right corner to view instructions from the IRS website in a new window, or consult your tax advisor.
- Once the form is complete and signed, click Submit.
You must submit tax information for each payment profile which receives revenue from sales in U.S. dollars.
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) verification process
Google periodically verifies publisher tax information with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). During these reviews, the IRS may notify us that the tax information in your account is inaccurate or out of date. In that case, we will place your payments on hold until you re-submit your tax information. Please be advised that this is a preventive step against legal action by the IRS.
Below are possible reasons why your tax information was flagged as inaccurate or out of date:
- Missing Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or TIN not 9-digit numeric
- TIN entered is not currently issued
- TIN and Name combination does not match IRS records
- Invalid TIN Matching request
If your account is on hold for one of these reasons, please resubmit your tax information to remove the hold. Your payments will remain on hold until you re-submit your tax information. For more information on TIN verification, please visit the IRS website.