If your Assistant doesn’t respond on your device, follow these steps to help fix the issue. Learn how to start a conversation with your Assistant without saying “Hey Google.”
Before you start
Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet with a strong signal. If you have connection problems, restart your device.
Step 1: Check for Google app updates
- On your Android phone or tablet, in the Google Play Store, go to the Google app page.
- Tap Update. If the page says "Installed," you already have the latest version.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app .
- At the top left of the Home screen, tap Menu Settings Voice Voice Match.
- Turn on Access with Voice Match.
- To let “Hey Google” automatically unlock your phone when it hears your voice, turn on Unlock with Voice Match.
Step 3: Check your Assistant's language
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings" or go to Assistant settings.
- Under "All settings," tap Languages.
- If you need to change your Assistant’s language:
- Tap your current language.
- Choose a new language to use with your Assistant.
Step 4: Turn off Battery Saver and Adaptive Battery
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app .
- Tap Battery:
- Battery Saver: Tap Battery Saver Turn off now.
- Adaptive Battery: Tap Adaptive Battery Turn off Adaptive Battery.
Step 5: Say "Hey Google"
To find if you fixed the issue, say "Hey Google." To make sure the Google Assistant picks up your voice:
- If you’re in a loud area, turn off background noise or go somewhere quieter.
- Say "Hey Google" like you would in normal conversation.
Get more help or send feedbackPixel & Nexus devices
- On your phone or tablet, open your Settings app .
- Scroll to, then tap, Tips and support.
- From here, you can contact us by phone, chat with us, or send feedback.
- On your device, open your Google app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture or initial Send feedback.
- Tell us about the issue, and then tap Send .
- Your feedback helps us fix the issue, even though we can’t reply directly to you.