Set up and use the Google Assistant on your TV
You can ask questions and complete tasks on some TVs with the Google Assistant.
On TVs with the Google Assistant, the Assistant is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. More languages are coming soon.
Set up a TV with the Google Assistant
If a TV can work with the Assistant, its packaging will say so. For example, some 2018 and newer LG TVs work with the Assistant.
What you’ll need
- A TV with the Google Assistant
- The Google app
- A Google Account
- An Android phone or tablet that:
- Runs Android 5.0 and up
- Works with a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi network
- An internet connection and secure wireless network
Start your setup on an Android device
- Connect your TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android device.
- Install recent updates on your Android device. Find out how to check for the latest Android version.
- Update the apps on your Android device. Learn how to get the latest version of your apps.
- Get the most recent version of the Google app:
- On your Android device, go to the Google app page and tap Install or Update.
- If you see "Installed," you already have the latest version.
- To start the setup, on your Android device, open your Google app and say, "Set up my Assistant device."
- Tip: You can also visit g.co/assistant/setup from a web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.