You can set your personal locations then ask Google Assistant for commute times and traffic updates. If you already have a personal location in Google Maps, you’ll find it in Settings.
Important: You must use Google Assistant in English and in the US to set personal locations besides home and work.
Add, change, or delete a location
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Assistant app .
- At the top right, tap your profile image or initial.
- Tap You Your places.
- Add, change, or delete an address.
Tip: You can also ask the Google Assistant to set your home and work locations.
Allow Google Assistant to use your device's current location
When you give Google Assistant permission to use your current location, you'll get more helpful results when you ask for local info like weather or restaurants nearby.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Privacy Location Services Assistant.
- Choose a location access option
- Tip: To receive certain notifications like location-based reminders when you don’t have the Google Assistant app open, set location access to Always.