/androidwear/community
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
12/19/17
No sound when answering calls from watch or phone for up to 30 seconds /w "play phone call on watch" 0 Recommended Answers 0 Answers 6 Replies 13 Me Too's
1 Answer
$0 Answers
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 12/19/17
Pixel 2/HW2 Classic

When I have "Play phone voice call on watch" activated, there is constantly a 20-30 second  delay when I answer calls on either my phone or watch where I can hear nothing in the call.    If I make a call from my phone or watch, this delay does not happen.  Makes the function unreliable rendering it unusable.  Please let me know if any questions or comments.  Thanks.

Have sent feedback on Android Wear app.  Also, this is actually second post on this but wanted to bring attention on it again as that is how frustrating the issue is.  Thanks again.

edit - Tested a few times where I answer on watch first and there appears to be consistent sound on the call immediately.  When I switch audio device on the phone call from watch to phone audio or phone speakerphone, I immediately get sound.  In other words, it appears this issue is only happening to me when I want to answer the call on the phone instead of the watch.  I think having this option is very necessary.
Have the same question?
Let the community know you'd like more answers and choose to subscribe to updates.
Other Answers Answers (0)
All Replies (6)
12/21/17
Answer
Got a very similar issue, but mine extends to making calls from my phone as well. Seems to also happen in Duo
and marked this as an answer
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
12/29/17
Answer
I have the same problem. A temporary fix to the issue:

Once you pick up the call on your phone, while still in the phone app on the incoming call, switch the audio to Bluetooth and then back to Phone. You'll start hearing the caller's voice within 2 seconds of doing this.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
-
12/29/17
Answer
I've tried this and I will say it works occasionally but not all the time.  This also defeats the purpose of using the function since I need to switch audio on my phone.  My intentions are to not have my phone by me or have to use it.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
12/29/17
Answer
Agreed. Also, by the time you are done with switching the audio source, the caller may disconnect the call thinking that there's some issue with the sound on the call.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
12/30/17
Answer
Guys there is a bug report on that, a +1(star) there will have more effect than writing here 

marked this as an answer
Helpful?
1/1/18
Answer
Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Create Reply
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
A problem occurred. Please try again.
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/androidwear/threads
false
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update me-too.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Marked as Answer
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic