My battery drains too fast
If your battery is draining quickly, try the steps below:
Try changing to a different watch face
Some watch faces, especially those with animations or interactive abilities, use up more battery life than others.
Adjust screen brightness
The brighter your watch screen, the more battery your watch will use. Turn down your watch screen brightness to save more battery power.
Turn off notifications you don't want
Turning off notifications you don't want can save your battery.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Tap the Settings icon Block app notifications.
- Tap the plus icon .
- Tap the app you want to block.
Turn on Theater mode
If you recently installed an app and notice that your battery is draining faster than normal, try uninstalling that app.
To uninstall an app on your watch, you need to uninstall the app from the phone your watch is paired with.
Limit Wi-Fi use
If your watch is Wi-Fi enabled, you can save battery life by adjusting the amount of time your watch can use Wi-Fi .Set a time limit for how long your watch uses Wi-Fi
- If your screen is dim, tap the screen to wake up the watch.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Android Wear 2.0 and up: Tap Settings Connectivity.
- Android Wear 1.5 and below: Swipe left and tap Settings
- Tap Wi-Fi Advanced Power save after.
- To turn off Wi-Fi after less time and use less battery, choose a smaller amount of time.
To turn off Wi-Fi after more time and use more battery, choose a larger amount of time.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.