Watch YouTube videos on Android TV
You can easily find and watch videos and keep up with your favorite YouTube channels on your Android TV through the YouTube app. When you’re signed in to the YouTube app, you can see your subscriptions, playlists, uploads, history, and more.
Find and play videos
- From the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row.
- Find and select YouTube.
- You can browse or search for videos.
- To browse: Move up or down to view different categories. When you find a category you’re interested in, move to the right view videos.
- To search: Scroll to the top of the screen and select the Search icon or click the Voice search button on your remote while in the YouTube app. Speak or type your search.
- When you come across a video you’re interested in, select it.
- Once you select a video to play, a control bar will appear. Learn more about YouTube controls.
Hide videos with inappropriate content
You can hide videos that may contain inappropriate content by turning on Safety mode. While Safety mode isn’t 100 percent accurate, we use community flagging, age-restrictions, and other signals to identify and filter out inappropriate content. Learn more about hiding inappropriate content on YouTube.
Turn Safety mode on or off
Note: This only turns on Safety mode on your Android TV.
- From the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row
- Find and select YouTube
- On the left hand menu, scroll down to Settings
- Select Safety mode
- Select Enabled or Disabled
- Paid content on Android TV
- Sign in or sign out of YouTube on Android TV
- Find and delete YouTube search history
- View and manage videos you recently watched in your YouTube watch history
- Visit the YouTube help center
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.