Change the account on your Android TV
You can sync your media and activity across devices when you sign in to a Google Account on your Android TV.
You can also use multiple accounts in YouTube, the Play Store, and other Google services to keep separate watch histories.
Sign in or add an account
You can sign in to your Google Account when you set up your Android TV. If you aren’t signed in or want to add another account:
- On your Android TV, open Settings .
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings panel.
- Under “Accounts,” choose Add account.
- Use your remote to enter your Google username and password.
If you don’t have a Google Account, learn how to create one.
In certain apps, you'll get suggestions based on your viewing history. To get personalized results in Google apps, make sure you’re signed in to your own Google account.
To switch accounts:
- Open an app that uses your Google account, like YouTube or Play Store.
- When the app opens, choose your account.
If the app doesn’t ask you to choose an account:
- Open the app’s settings.
- Sign out of the current account.
- In the app’s settings, sign in to your account.
- The next time you use the app, you can choose which account you want to use.
Remove or manage an account
You can sync devices and apps, and remove accounts from your Android TV.
- On your Android TV, go to the Home screen.
- At the top, select Settings .
- At the bottom, under "Accounts," select an account.
- Choose one of the following:
- Sync now
- Remove account
- Choose apps to sync