You can make and receive calls with Android Auto. You'll hear your conversations through your car's speakers.
Receive a call
When you receive a call, a notification will appear on your Android Auto display with the caller's information. Tap the notification to accept the call and start the conversation. In some cars, you may also be able to accept a call with a button on your steering wheel. Check your car manual for instructions.
- Say "Hey Google" or select the microphone .
- Say "call" and then a contact name or phone number. For example:
- "Call [contact name]."
- "Call home."
- "Call [phone number]."
- Select the phone app .
- Choose from the options, such as Favorites, Recents, and Contacts.
- Select who you want to call.
- Or choose More to select Dial a number and enter the number.
To review voicemail, check your call history, or see missed calls follow these steps:
- Open the phone app .
- Select Recents to see your call history or missed calls.
- To access your voicemail, tap More, and then tap Voicemail.
If you're already on a call and receive a new one, you can select the notification for the new call to place your current call on hold. Once you have one call on hold, you can go back and forth between calls until one or both of them are done.
Keep in mind that you'll only be able to use call waiting for incoming calls, you won't be able to dial a second number once you're already on a phone call.