Android Auto brings apps to your car display so that you can focus while you drive. You can control features like navigation, maps, calls, text messages and music.
To get more information about your car’s compatibility with Android Auto on your car display, contact your vehicle manufacturer.
Important: Android Auto isn't available on devices that run Android (Go edition).
What you needAndroid Auto on your car display (with a USB cable)
Android Auto on your car display (wireless)
- An Android phone with Android 8.0 (Oreo) and up, an active data plan and the latest version of the Android Auto app.
- A compatible car. Find out if your car or stereo is compatible with Android Auto.
- A high-quality USB cable.
- A compatible Android phone with an active data plan, 5 GHz Wi-Fi support and the latest version of the Android Auto app. Wireless projection is compatible with these Android versions:
- Any phone with Android 11.0
- A Google or Samsung phone with Android 10.0
- A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ or Note 8, with Android 9.0
- A compatible car or stereo. Find out if your car or stereo is compatible with Android Auto .
- To find out if your phone has 5 GHz Wi-Fi support, contact your manufacturer.
- In the EU, to use 5 GHz Wi-Fi in the car, your smartphone must comply with additional regulatory requirements. On Google smartphones, Pixel 3 and newer models comply with this requirement.
- To find out if your specific car model is compatible with wireless Android Auto, contact your car manufacturer.
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Japan (wireless not supported)
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Most features won't work if you use Android Auto outside these countries.