Can't unlock your Android device
If you can't unlock your phone, you can erase your phone, set it up again, and set a new screen lock.
If you can't sign in to your Google Account, follow these steps.
Erase your phone
Important: These options will erase all data stored on your phone, like your apps, photos, and music. Data backed up to your Google Account can be restored later.
Option 1: Reset your phone from another device
You can erase your locked phone using a computer, tablet, or another phone. To erase this way, the locked phone must:
- Be turned on.
- Be connected to the internet.
- Have Find My Device turned on.
Option 2: Reset your phone with its buttons
You can erase your locked phone using its power and volume buttons. To learn how to reset your specific phone this way, visit your manufacturer's support site.
Reset your pattern (Android 4.4 or lower only)
If your locked phone is using Android 4.4 or lower and has a pattern-type screen lock, you can use your Google Account to reset your pattern.
- After you've tried to unlock your phone multiple times, you'll see "Forgot pattern." Tap Forgot pattern.
- Enter the Google Account username and password you previously added to your phone.
- Reset your screen lock. Learn how to set a screen lock.