Verify your Android phone's number
When you set up a Google Account, you can let Google know your phone's number. If you do, we'll verify that the number is yours.
For your security, we'll re-verify from time to time to make sure that your phone's number is still yours. When we re-verify, you might get text messages from Google or see outgoing texts to Google. The message could say something like, "Google is verifying the phone number of this device."
You can change how and whether your phone's number gets verified.
Change how your phone's number gets verified
After you've let Google verify your phone's number, you can change how it gets verified next time:
- Open your Google Settings. Depending on your phone:
- Open your phone's Settings app Google.
- Open a separate app called Google Settings.
- Tap Device phone number Manage how others connect with you.
- Pick whether and how to verify.
Why verify your phone's number
If you let Google know your phone's number, you can use that number to do things like:
- Get back into your account if you have trouble signing in.
- Keep your account more secure with 2-Step Verification.
- Get video calls and messages from people who have your phone's number.