Sign in with your phone number instead of a username
You can sign in to your Google Account with your phone number on any sign-in screen with an "Email or phone number" field.
This option gives you another way to sign in if you don't remember your username.
Use your phone number to sign in
You can sign in with your phone number if you've added it to your Google Account.
- On any Google sign-in screen with an "Email or phone number" field, enter your phone number.
- Select Next.
- Finish signing in as you usually do.
You might have added a phone number when you created your Google Account, set up your device, or updated your settings.
To make sure your current number is connected to your account:
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- On the Signing in to Google panel, click Use your phone to sign in.
- Click Set it up.
- From here you can:
- Add a phone number: Under "Recovery phone," select Add recovery phone. (If you don't have a recovery phone number yet, we recommend you add one.)
- Change your phone number: Next to your number, select Edit . Choose Update number.
- Enter your phone number. Use a number that:
- Belongs only to you
- You don't use on another Google Account to sign in
- You don't use to connect with others on Google services, like Hangouts or Photos
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Important: If you see "Number not verified" next to your number, select Verify now and follow the steps on the screen.
If you get an error message that says "Couldn't find your Google Account," your phone number might not be connected to your account.
Follow the steps above to add your phone number.
If you can't sign in with your phone number, sign in with your username or email address.