This help center article is part of the App + Web Property Beta.
Change history provides a record of changes made to an account.
View change history
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin.
- In the Account or Property column, use the menu to select the account or property whose Change History you want to see.
- In the Account or Property column, click Account Change History or Property Change History.
Change History lists:
- Time: The date and time of the activity
- Location type: the Analytics account or property where the change took place.
- Location name: the name of the Analytic account or property where the change took place.
- Item type: the type of item that was changed (e.g., a data stream, a Google Ads link).
- Action: the change that was made to the item (e.g., created, modified).
- Changed by: Which Analytics user performed the activity. Change history also captures automated system changes.
Entries for [deleted user] indicate that the Google account for the user who made the change has subsequently been deleted from the system, and Analytics cannot retrieve an email address.
Change History maintains a record of activities for the last two years.
Set the date range
Use the Date range menu to select one of the predefined date ranges or set a custom date range.
The date range uses your operating system's time zone.
Filter the contents
- Use the Location menu to select the account or property whose changes you want to see.
- Click More filters to open options for:
- Any item type: select the item types you want to include.
- Changed by: enter one or more email addresses of users whose changes you want to include.
- Click Apply.
Search the contents
Use the search field at the top of the table to search contents by any of the data types listed in the columns (e.g., date, location name, item type).
Enter dates using the same format as the column entries.
You can enter partial strings, for example, the first two letters of a month, or a few letters from a user's email address.
See additional details
In the row for an individual change, click to see additional details, for example, the before and after states of an account or property. The additional details show the Admin-API representation of the object.