Realtime lets you monitor activity on your app or site as it happens. The arrangement of cards lets you see how users enter the conversion funnel, and how they behave once they're in the funnel:
- The number of users during the last 30 minutes (per minute)
- Users by source, medium, or campaign: where your users are coming from
- Users or new users by audience: who your users are
- Users by page title or screen name: which content they engage
- Event count by event name: which events they trigger
- Conversions by event name: which conversions they complete
Ways to use Realtime
With Realtime, you can immediately and continuously monitor the effects that new campaigns and site changes have on your traffic:
- See whether a one-day promotion is driving traffic to your site or app
- Monitor the immediate effects on traffic from a blog/social network post or tweet
- Monitor whether new and changed content on your site is affecting traffic
- Verify that the tracking code is working on your site or app
Apply comparisons to evaluate subsets of your data side by side, e.g., how users 18-24 compare to your overall user base, or how two different campaigns compare to each other.
Click View user snapshot at the top of the report to see a snapshot of data for a single user.
A snapshot includes information about the user's device, app version, and location, along with the top events the user triggered, and the relevant user properties.
Click the arrows in the first card at the top of the report to change the snapshot from one user to another.
Things to keep in mind
App data is batched to conserve battery life, so you may notice delays. Batching typically occurs on the order of minutes.
If you don’t see any data in your Realtime report, it’s possible that there are no active users.