DCM/DBM auto-tagging override
This feature is only available in Google Analytics 360, part of the Google Analytics 360 Suite.
Learn more about the Google Analytics 360 Suite.
By default, incoming data from DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) and DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM) is tagged as follows:
- source=dfa (utm_source parameter)
- medium=cpm (except DoubleClick Search traffic from DCM)(utm_medium parameter)
- campaign=DCM campaign name (utm_campaign parameter)
- source=dbm (utm_source parameter)
- medium=cpm (utm_medium parameter)
You can use the auto-tagging-override feature to manually set source, medium and campaign using custom values. For example, source/medium can change from dfa/cpm to example.com/newsletter.
If you enable the auto-tagging override feature but do not specify a custom value, then Analytics will apply the default value. For example, if you use a custom value for utm_source, but not for utm_medium, then Analytics applies the default value to utm_medium.
Keep in mind that if you change the source/medium values for DCM/DBM data, then that data may not get automatically classified as Display in your Default Channel Grouping. Under these circumstances, you would have to edit your channel grouping to make sure the data appears in the desired channel.
Note that this override feature applies only to click data, and not to impression data.
To turn on auto-tagging override:
You must have Edit permission to edit property settings.
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
Note: You can also quickly open Analytics from within your AdWords account. Click the Tools tab, select Analytics, and then follow the rest of these instructions.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property whose settings you want to edit.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
- Expand Advanced Settings.
- Select Allow manual tagging (UTM values) to override auto-tagging (DCLID values).
- Click Save.