Postbacks allows Analytics to ping an ad network when it detects an app install or deep-link conversion from that network. Postbacks optimize ad serving platforms and provide a valuable feedback loop that helps the entire mobile ads ecosystem.
If any of 1) all property-level data, 2) individual events, or 3) specific event names or user properties have been excluded from ads personalization, then Analytics will append an additional signal (called ‘npa’) in Postbacks indicating that networks should not use the data for personalized advertising. Note that each network's treatment of such 'npa' signal is determined by such network.In this article:
Before enabling Postbacks, confirm that iOS install tracking or Android campaign tracking are configured for your app(s). Refer to the related resources at the bottom of this article to help you get started.
Enable Postbacks in Analytics
Once you have iOS install tracking or Android campaign tracking configured you’re ready to enable Postbacks in Analytics. You’ll have the option to choose which third-party ad network you want Postbacks to be sent to at the PROPERTY level.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the Account and Property you want to edit.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Postbacks.
- Click + ADD NEW.
- Select an Ad Network from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next step.
- Select a view that you want the conversions associated with.
- Select a conversion type you want to send to the ad network.
- Click Next step.
- Add Network Parameters:
- Many networks require that you input data that helps identify your app in their systems. This is often equivalent to an app or account ID.
- Depending on the network, Analytics will ask you for the appropriate parameter for that network. Retrieve this ID by working with the networks directly.
- If no parameter is required, you do not need to fill anything in.
- Click Done.
Edit Postbacks configurations
After configuring your ad networks you’ll see your selections in a summary table on the main Postbacks screen.
Use the Postbacks table to add or delete ad networks. Click on the network name (in blue) to change its settings.
Refer to our Developer Guides for more information on campaign measurement and tracking.
- iOS install campaign measurement — An overview of how to measure campaigns and traffic sources with the Analytics SDK for iOS v3.
- Troubleshooting iOS install campaign measurement — Steps to troubleshoot if you don't see conversions for your iOS install campaigns.
- iOS Campaign Tracking URL Builder — A tool to generate URLs for measuring the source of iOS application installs.
- Android Campaign Measurement -- An overview of how to measure campaigns and traffic sources with the Analytics SDK for Android V4.