Remarketing Lists for Search Ads with Analytics
You can create remarketing audiences using the Analytics tag, which offers sophisticated list-building capabilities. You can use these audiences with Google Ads display remarketing campaigns on the Google Display Network, or with your Google Ads search ads campaigns, to customize the campaign for people who have previously visited your site. In addition, Analytics offers detailed user analytics which can also help you decide how to create your remarketing lists.
In order to use your Analytics tag to create remarketing lists for search ads, you must enable data collection for Remarketing features in your property settings. Once you have created the remarketing lists, you can associate these lists with your search ad groups.
How it works
Remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA) with Analytics works much the same way as standard RLSA: you use Analytics to help define the criteria for adding customers to remarketing lists; Google associates sessions on your site (based on your Analytics criteria) with one of Google’s advertising cookies on users’ browsers; and when your customers later search on Google.com (from the same browser), they may see customized ads based on their previous sessions on your site.
Keep in mind:
- The maximum lifespan of a remarketing list for Google search ads is 540 days.
- A remarketing list for Google search ads must have at least 1,000 cookies before it can be used to tailor your search ads. This helps protect the privacy of those who make up your list.
- Remarketing lists that include the Google Display Network demographics dimensions Age, Gender, Interests are not eligible for RLSA.
- State-based audiences that are configured to permanently remove users are not eligible for RLSA.
- Remarketing lists that you create in mobile-app views are not eligible for RLSA.