Data Processing Terms
The Google Ads Data Processing Terms are meant for businesses established in the territory of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or that, for other reasons, are subject to the territorial scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Google Ads Data Processing Terms will supersede and replace the existing Analytics Data Processing Amendment (including the German Analytics Data Processing Amendment).
Google Analytics customers who have a direct customer contract with Google may accept the Google Ads Data Processing Terms in the Administration section within their Account Settings. In order to enter in to the Google Ads Data Processing Terms, customers with businesses established outside of the EEA or Switzerland and GA 360 customers need to proactively accept such terms in their Account Settings. Google Analytics Standard customers with businesses established in the EEA or Switzerland do not need to take such action as the Google Ads Data Processing Terms have already been incorporated in such customers’ terms.
Please note: Google Analytics 360 Sales Partners and Customers who purchase Google Analytics 360 via a Sales Partner ("Resale Clients") are not eligible to accept the Google Ads Data Processing Terms and will need to enter into separate data processing terms with Google or their Sales Partner, respectively, instead. Acceptance of the Google Ads Data Processing Terms by Google Analytics 360 Sales Partners and Resale Clients through the Google Analytics UI will be invalid and will not create a binding agreement between Google and such Resale Clients.
Accept the Data Processing Amendment
You need Edit permission at the account level to accept the Data Processing Terms.
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account in which you want to update settings.
If you have a lot of accounts, use the search box to help you find the right one.
- In the ACCOUNT column, click Account Settings.
- Under Data Processing Amendment, click Review Amendment.
- After you review the amendment, click Done.
- Click Done again to save your account settings.
Provide contact details
If you accept the Data Processing Terms, you must also provide the following information:
- Legal Entity: A legal entity is the registered name for your organization for purposes of addressing financial and legal matters. Your organization may have more than one.
- Primary Contact (a.k.a. "Notification Email Address"): The contact to whom notices under the Google Ads Data Processing Terms will be sent.
- Data Protection Officer: The person designated, where applicable, to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the GDPR.
- EEA Representative: The person designated, where applicable, to represent customers not established in the EU with regard to their obligations under the GDPR.