You must have the Editor role to move a property to the Trash Can. Moving a property to the Trash Can also moves all component views to the Trash Can. To move a property to the Trash Can:
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property you want to delete.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
- Click Move to Trash Can.
- On the confirmation screen, click Move property to Trash Can.
You cannot delete a Google Analytics 4 property if it is linked to a Universal Analytics property. Learn more here.
If you try to delete a linked Google Analytics 4 property, you get the following error message:
"This property is part of a link between a Universal Analytics property and a Google Analytics 4 prop".
To fix this, do the following steps:
- Access your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin in the bottom left of the page, Then, select this Universal property.
- Click GA4 Setup assistant and confirm the GA4 property ID linked.
- Click DIsconnect; a pop-up appears .
- Click Continue, then click Property settings.
- Click “move to trash”
- Click Delete property.
You should now be able to delete the property.