Managing properties and views
Add a new view
Learn more about how views provide different perspectives of your data.
If you’re setting up views for an app property, create at least one view for each development platform (iOS or Android). Read our best practices for mobile app analytics set up for other recommended Mobile App Analytics configurations.
To create a view:
- Click Admin at the top of any Analytics page.
- Use the Account and Property menus to select the account and property in which you want to create the view.
- In the View column, click the menu, then click Create new view.
- Select either Web Site or App.
- Enter a name for the view.
Use a unique name that clearly identifies the nature of the data. If you use the same names for views in different properties, then you can face the circumstance where your list of views contains multiple instances of the same name but with nothing to distinguish them from one another (e.g., when you're creating filters at the Account level).
- Select the time zone you want to use as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time, regardless of whether visits originate in New York, London, or Moscow.
Changing the time zone only affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively. If you change the time zone for an existing view, you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This may be caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings, until our servers have processed the change.
- Click Create View.
If your account is linked to AdWords, your time zone is automatically set to the AdWords preference to ensure accurate campaign reporting. You will not see the option to select a time zone when you create a new view in Analytics (step 6, above).
Additionally, the data from your linked AdWords account is automatically imported to any view you create. You can remove this data from your view at any time by editing the View Settings.
After you create a view, you can edit its settings to affect the report data in that view.