Declare sticky ads on display in Ad Exchange (Beta)
In order to improve viewability and ad performance, some publishers may choose to implement their ad units as “sticky ads.” A sticky ad is a persistent/fixed ad unit that stays visible while the user scrolls content on the page up or down.
Learn about the guidelines and restrictions for implementing sticky ads.
If you use sticky ad units for display, you must set up rules that declare their existence.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Click Publisher declarations.
If you're accessing this feature from DFP instead of Ad Exchange, select Inventory Ad Exchange rules Publisher declarations.
- Click the Display syndication type sub-tab.
- Click + New rule. The "New rule" page opens.
- Enter a name for your declaration.
- Configure the targeting of your inventory.
- Under Sticky ads, mark a checkbox to indicate that the selected inventory serves either vertical or horizontal sticky ads.
- Vertical sticky ads are portrait-shaped ad units that persist on the sides of the page.
- Bottom horizontal sticky ads are landscape-shaped ad units that persist at the bottom of the page.
- Top horizontal sticky ads are landscape-shaped ad units that persist at the top of the page.
- Click Save.