Lightbox ad requirements
Mixed ads in Lightbox campaigns
The following is not allowed:
Using any other ad format in a campaign containing Lightbox adsTroubleshooter: Mixed ads in Lightbox campaigns
- Read the policy above to learn what we don't allow. Check your Lightbox campaign for any ads that aren’t Lightbox ads.
- Remove those ads. Make sure that the only ads in your campaign are Lightbox ads.
Missing image CTA
The following is not allowed:
Failing to provide a call-to-action (CTA) for any images in a Studio Layout templateTroubleshooter: Missing image CTA
If you aren't able to fix these violations or choose not to, please remove your ad to help prevent your account from becoming suspended in the future for having too many disapproved ads.
- Read the policy above to learn what we don't allow. Make sure your image assets include a call-to-action, such as “Hover to expand.”
- Fix your image. Add a call-to-action to the image so the user knows how to interact with the ad. Then re-upload your image.
- Edit your ad to make it comply with this policy. If you can’t fix the image, use a different image that complies with this policy.
- On your Ads page, hover over the ad you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon next to your ad to edit it.
- Click Save when you're done.
Once you edit and save your ad, it's sent for review. Most ads are reviewed within 1 business day, though some can take longer if they need a more complex review. If we find that you've correctly edited the ad, we can approve it to start running.
Related policies and common disapprovals
The following AdWords policies are especially relevant to Lightbox ads and are often associated with disapprovals. Learn about what happens if your violate our policies.
Destination mismatchAll URLs used in ads and extensions must direct to the same domain as the ad’s destination. See the Destination mismatch policy for more information. For Lightbox ads, pay particular attention to the logo click URL, header call-to-action URL, and display URL, all of which must comply with this policy.
Unacceptable video formatAll videos must be uploaded in an approved format. See the Unacceptable video format policy for more information.
Unavailable videoAll videos must be publicly available. See the Unavailable video policy for more information.
Image qualityAll images used in advertising must meet certain quality standards. The image layout must conform to AdWords standards and the image itself can’t be blurry. See the Image quality policy for more information.
Video qualityAll videos used in advertising must meet certain quality standards. See the Video quality policy for more information.
Adult contentTo keep ads relevant and safe for users, Google restricts adult content in certain circumstances. See the Adult content policy for more information. Lightbox ads can’t contain any adult-oriented content.
Unclear relevanceAll information should be relevant to what you’re advertising. For example, all submitted ad creative fields must represent the same advertiser and be relevant to the promoted product. See the policy on Unclear relevance for more information.