|Call extensions allow you to include a phone number in your standard text ad. The rules that apply to text ads generally apply to call extensions, too. To ensure your extensions are accurate and appropriate, phone numbers must meet specific requirements and be verified by Google. See the Phone number policy to learn more about these requirements and find out how to verify a phone number.|
What can I do if my extension gets disapproved?
Like all ads, extensions also go through an approval process to ensure they're acceptable for use within AdWords. If an extension doesn't follow our policies, we may disapprove it. When this happens, you'll get an email from us informing you about this disapproval. If you get this email, please review the steps below to help you troubleshoot the issue with your disapproved extension.
- Check which call extension was disapproved.
- Go to your Ad extensions tab and change the view to "Call Extensions."
- Scroll down and look through the Status column to see if any of them say "Disapproved."
- Edit the disapproved call extension.
- With your mouse, hover over the table row that contains the disapproved call extension. A pencil icon should appear.
- Click the pencil icon and then edit that call extension. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure you use a phone number that follows the Phone number policy guidelines.
- Click Save.
- After editing your call extension, the status should change to "Eligible," which means that your phone number is eligible to show next to your ad.
What happens if you violate our policies
Ad or extension disapproval: Ads and extensions that don't follow this policy may be disapproved. A disapproved ad won't run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
Site suspension: We may suspend websites that violate our policies, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised until the problem is fixed.
Account suspension: An account may be suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also be permanently suspended and your new accounts may be automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support