Costs and payment
- With AdWords Express, pay only for the actual clicks and calls that your ad receives.
- Your costs may vary from day to day, but you won't be charged more than your maximum monthly budget.
- Your payment settings indicate when you pay, and payment methods indicate what you pay with.
How much AdWords Express costs
Click prices (also known as cost per click) are dynamic, which means they'll change from instance to instance. The cost of each click depends on several factors, including:
- How much competing advertisers in your area are spending
- How relevant your ad is to a person's Google search
- How likely a person's search will result in a sale
No activation fee
AdWords Express has no activation fee. There may be a minimum transaction amount when you make a manual payment ($10 in the U.S.).
Payment settings and payment methods
- How you pay: With AdWords Express, you can make payments before your ads show (manual payments) or automatically make payments after your ads show (automatic payments). These are known as payment settings.
- What you pay with: This is what you use to pay your costs, such as a credit card, and is known as a payment method. Some payment methods are only available in certain countries, so you might see different options depending on where your business is located.