You can remove keywords individually, or you can remove multiple keywords at once.
Select individual keywords to remove
- In the tree view, select the account, campaign, or ad group containing the keywords to remove.
- Select Keywords.
- Select one or more keywords.
- Click Remove.
- Your removed keywords will appear in the data view with a strikethrough and with - beside them.
Remove a list of keywords from specific ad groups
- Click Make multiple changes.
- Next to "Bulk Change Action", select Remove.
- Type or paste the data to remove in the grid.
- Click Process.
- To continue, click Finish and review changes. To cancel the operation, click Revert and cancel.
- To add the pending changes to your account, click Keep. To undo the changes, click Reject.
Remove some keywords while adding or updating others
You can use the Make multiple changes tool to change the status for multiple keywords at once. Simply include the new status (enabled, paused, or removed) with each keyword, and AdWords Editor will add, update, and remove keywords in one step. Learn how to edit your keywords.
Remove a list of keywords from an account (where the campaign or ad group names are unknown)
- Click the search menu icon > Search builder.
- From the dropdown menu, select Any > Keyword > Keyword.
- From the dropdown menu, select contains.
- Type in your keyword, then click the search button.
- Select Keywords to view all the keywords that match your search.
- Select the keywords you’d like to remove and click Remove. You can repeat these steps to find and remove multiple keywords.
You can use the Make multiple changes tool to replace your existing keywords with a new keyword list. In Step 1 of the tool, select the checkbox labeled "Replace the entire contents of the destination ad groups with these keywords." Your existing keywords will be removed and replaced with your new keyword list.