Add multiple keywords
Follow the steps below to add multiple keywords to new or existing ad groups.
Step 1: Prepare your keyword list
If you prepare a spreadsheet or text file with your keywords, you can then copy and paste the list directly into Google Ads Editor.
The following columns are required:
- Campaign name (if you're updating multiple campaigns and ad groups)
- Ad group name (if you're updating multiple campaigns and ad groups)
The following columns are optional:
- Keyword match type: broad (this is the default), phrase, exact, negative broad, negative phrase, or negative exact.
- Maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bid: Omit this column or leave it blank to use the ad group default bid.
- Final URL. Omit this column or leave it blank to use the ad's final URL.
If you include a column header row, the column headers must be in English. See a list of headers.
Step 2: Add keywords
- Select Keywords in the type list.
- Click Make multiple changes.
- Choose a destination for your new keywords:
- If you prepared a list of keywords as described above, select the checkbox to indicate that your keyword information includes columns for campaign and ad group names.
- To select specific ad groups, use the account tree.
- Enter the list of keywords.
- Click Process.
- If prompted, assign headings to each column of data. Verify that the headings are correct, then click Process.
- Click Finish and review changes to see your pending changes.
- To add the pending changes, click Keep proposed changes. Learn how to accept or reject individual proposed changes.