Keyword status: Definition
A status for each keyword that describes whether it can trigger ads to run at the moment.
- For each keyword, you'll see information about its current state listed in the "Status" column on the Keywords page.
- If several statuses apply to a keyword, we'll show you the most relevant status first.
Here are the keyword statuses that you might see:
The keyword is not triggering ads because it's contained in a campaign or ad group that is currently not active.
- Campaign paused or Ad group paused -- The keyword is in an ad group or campaign that isn't running because you previously paused it.
- Campaign removed or Ad group removed -- The keyword is in an ad group or campaign that isn't running because you previously removed it.
- Campaign pending -- The keyword is in a campaign that hasn't started running yet because its start date is in the future.
- Campaign ended -- The keyword is in a campaign that stopped running because it passed its end date.
- Campaign suspended -- The keyword is in a campaign that's temporarily paused because your prepaid account balance has run out.
The keyword is not triggering ads because of a setting that you changed.
- Paused -- The keyword is not triggering ads because you previously paused it.
- Removed -- The keyword is not triggering ads because you previously removed it.
The keyword is at a certain stage of the approval process when Google reviews keywords to make sure that they meet our advertising policies.
- Approved -- The keyword has been reviewed and is eligible to show its ads.
- Eligible -- The keyword is able to show its ads.
- Under review -- The keyword is not triggering ads and will not show its ads until it's been approved. Don't worry, this process usually takes up to 1 business day.
- Disapproved -- The keyword cannot trigger ads because it violates AdWords policy.
- Site suspended -- The keyword cannot trigger ads because the webpage it promotes violates AdWords policy.
The keyword's performance is being affected by some other factor.
- Low search volume -- The keyword is temporarily suspended because it's associated with very little search traffic on Google, indicating that it's not very relevant to most customers' searches.
- Rarely shown due to low quality score -- The keyword's Quality Score is very low and is preventing your ad from showing very often.
- Below first page bid estimate -- The keyword is active and can trigger your ad to appear, However, its cost-per-click (CPC) bid is lower than the amount that's likely to place your ad on the first page of Google search results.
- Few page matches -- The keyword is temporarily suspended because it matches very few pages, indicating that the phrase isn't common in Display Network content.