Evaluate the performance of your landing pages
This article only applies to the new AdWords experience. Check which AdWords experience you’re using.
It’s important to regularly check how your landing pages are performing to understand how people are interacting with your web pages. The best place to get an overview of this information is the “Landing pages” page.
On the “Landing pages” page, you can:
- See the expanded landing pages associated with each of your landing pages
- Identify which of your pages could provide a better experience on mobile devices
- Check a page’s mobile-friendliness or, if the page loads as a valid Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP)
This article explains how to use “Landing pages” page. For a more in-depth look at the information that appears on this page, learn about the “Landing pages” page.
To see subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the video player, select "Subtitles" and then specify your language.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Landing pages. See which pages are not optimised for mobile devices by checking the “Mobile-friendly click rate” and “Valid AMP click rate” columns.
- If a landing page is not deemed mobile-friendly every time by Google’s Mobile-Friendly test, the percentage in the “Mobile-friendly click rate” column will be less than 100%. If a page doesn’t receive any clicks from mobile devices, the value in the column will be "—".
- If a landing page doesn’t always load as a valid AMP page when people click on your ad, the percentage in the “Valid AMP click rate” column will be less than 100%. If a page doesn’t have AMP markup, the value in the column will be "—".
- Click View expanded landing pages below a landing page link. You’ll then see a list of the expanded landing page URLs for that landing page.
- To identify which pages people interacted with the most, check the “Clicks”, “Impr.” (impressions) and “CTR” (click-through rate) columns. As with your other AdWords reports, you can segment and filter the data in these columns, or download and save the entire table.
- To view the expanded landing pages for more than one landing page:
- Click Landing pages in the page menu on the left.
- Tick the box next to two or more landing pages.
- When the blue bar appears above the table, click View expanded landing pages.
NoteThe clicks reported on the 'Landing pages' page only include clicks that led to a landing page, so they won’t match the number of clicks reported on the 'Campaigns' or 'Ads & extensions' page, which includes clicks to maps, phone numbers and other extensions that don’t go to a landing page.