View location and distance reports
Three types of reports in AdWords help you understand how your ads are doing in different locations: geographic reports, user locations reports, and distance reports.
Before you begin
Here are the types of reports available to you:
- Geographic report: Shows your potential customers' physical locations, or locations that they had shown interest in.
- User locations: Shows only your potential customers' physical locations, regardless of any locations they may have shown interest in.
- Distance: The distance between the location that triggered your ad and your closest business location.
Geographic and user locations reports in AdWords can show the places where your potential customers are physically located, or the locations they showed interest in. If you use location extensions, you can use the distance report to see how your ads performed in varying distances from your business. Distance reports are available for Search Network and Shopping campaigns.
This article describes how you can view the location and distance reports for your campaign. For more background on these reports, you can learn more about measuring geographic performance in AdWords.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
How to view your location reports
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Select the campaign or ad group you'd like to see in the side panel. You can also see statistics for your entire account by clicking All campaigns in the panel.
- Click the date range menu on the top right corner of the page and select the time period you'd like to review.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Locations (underneath the Settings tab).
- Click View location reports and select What triggered your ad or Where your users were from the drop-down menu. Your data will be displayed by location.
- If you want to drill down to a different geographic level, check the box next to one or more of the locations in the table and click Select view for...locations. You’ll be able to view data for the location target types that are available for all of the selected locations. You can continue to refine your report by selecting locations and clicking Select view for...locations.
- To download the data in a report, click the download button above the table.