Improve your impression share
To increase your impression share, your ads must appear either more often or in more places.
This article covers a few tips on how to improve your impression share, and what you should consider for Display Network campaigns.
Before you begin
If this article is your first intro to impressions share, take a moment to learn About impression share.
For instructions on how to view your impression share, learn how to Get impression share data.
How to improve it
Here are some general tips to help improve your impression share:
- Increase your campaign budget: It's important to remember that your budget controls how often an ad is shown, which can increase the percentage of total impressions that your ad shows for.
- Increase your bid: Raising your bid can improve the likelihood that your ad will show for a given ad auction.
- Decrease regional targets: If you decrease your regional targets, you may see an increase in impression share. But keep in mind that decreasing regional targets reduces the potential number of impressions available to you.
- Re-adjust your budget: If you increase your regional targets, you may see a decrease in impression share. That’s because there are now more potential impressions available for your ads. To avoid this, consider re-adjusting your budget so that it'll cover the costs of your new campaign settings.
- Improve your quality: For Search Network campaigns, you can Improve your ad quality.
For Display Network campaigns:
One of the best things you can do is improve your display ad quality.
Adjust your managed placements. With managed placements, you choose Display Network websites or subsets of websites where you'd like your ad to appear.
- If you increase the number of your placements, remember to consider re-adjusting your budget so that it'll cover the costs of your new campaign settings.
- If you decrease the number of your placements, you may see an increase in impression share – but keep in mind that the size of the "pie" has been reduced.