A conversion happens when someone clicks your ad and then takes an action that you’ve defined as valuable to your business, such as an online purchase or a call to your business from a mobile phone.
- Conversions help you understand how much value your online ads bring to your business.
- Conversion tracking is a free tool in your account that can help identify what customers do after clicking your ad.
- There are two types of conversion data that you might see in your reports:
- Conversions reports every conversion made within your chosen conversion window after an AdWords click (according to your counting settings of either "Every" or "One" for each conversion action).
- Converted clicks reports every AdWords ad click resulting in one or more conversions within your chosen conversion window. This means that even if your counting settings are set to count one conversion and more than one conversion actions happen following a single ad click (example: one email signup and one quote request), this column will still show "1" for that click. This helps you gauge unique customer acquisitions, but doesn’t give you a sense of the relative values of each converted click.