Create a campaign
A campaign is a set of related ad groups that is often used to organise the categories of products or services that you offer. You'll need to make at least one campaign before you can create ads in your account.
This article explains how to create a campaign for your business.
Before you begin
Select the AdWords experience that you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- If you've already created a campaign in your account, click the Campaigns tab, then proceed to the next step.
- If you have an AdWords account but haven't created a campaign yet, click Create your first campaign. Then, proceed to step 5.
- Click the + Campaign button.
- From the drop-down menu, select the campaign type that you want to use. Most advertisers use "Search Network with Display Select" (recommended for new advertisers), "Search Network only" or "Display Network only", though other campaign types are available. Find out more about choosing your campaign type.
- In your campaign settings, give your campaign a name.
- If you'd like to change your campaign type, then click the drop-down menu next to "Type". Then, choose a campaign subtype (if applicable), such as "Standard" (recommended for new advertisers) or "All features". Your subtype options will vary depending on the campaign type that you select. For "Display Network only" campaigns, choose a marketing objective such as "Drive action" and then "Call your business". Find out more about campaign subtypes.
- Make your choices for the following settings (Find out more about campaign settings):
- Bid strategy
- Ad extensions
- Click Save and continue. You can edit your campaign settings at any time.
If you've already set up a similar campaign and you want to use the same settings, you can save time by loading the settings from your existing campaign into your new one. You'll see the "or load settings from" option and drop-down menu just under the campaign type.
Or you can quickly copy and paste an existing campaign from the “Edit” drop-down menu on the “Campaigns” tab. Just select the box next to the campaign that you want to copy, select “Copy” from the “Edit” drop-down menu, then select “Paste” from the drop-down menu to create the new campaign.