Understanding dynamic callouts
Dynamic callouts are automated extensions that highlight useful information about your business or the products you offer. This ad extension can save you time by dynamically providing more, helpful details with your ads that appear on Google.com. In this article you’ll learn how dynamic callouts work, how they can benefit you, how they can appear, and how to manage or remove them from your ads.
How dynamic callouts work
When people search for information on Google, they may see ads and search results for similar or related web pages. To help people decide whether to visit your site, your ads may now show relevant information about the products and services offered on your site before they click your ad. Here's what an ad might look like with a dynamic callout:
In this example the advertiser’s landing page mentions potentially useful information like “25 years of experience,” “Book online,” and “Certified technicians.” With dynamic callouts, this callout text will dynamically appear beneath your ad text, at the top and bottom of Google search results.
How dynamic callouts may benefit you
If your ad is eligible, here are a couple of ways dynamic callouts could benefit your campaigns:
- Save time: Since callout text reflects existing content found on your site, no additional work is required on your part.
- Help people instantly find out more about your products and services: Dynamic callouts give visitors a preview of your products, services, and special offers before they click on your ad.
- Potentially improve your return on investment: This additional information can increase your ads' relevance and clickthrough rates. This may help you improve your return on investment by focusing on attracting clicks from visitors who are more likely to be interested in what you offer.
Keep in mind
- Dynamic callouts are only available in "Search Network only" campaigns.
- Dynamic callouts can appear on desktop computers, tablets, and mobile devices with full web browsers.
- Dynamic callouts are available in English globally.
Managing dynamic callouts
Because dynamic callouts are an automated extension, no additional work is required in order for you to maintain the ads. If you’d like additional control over your callouts, here are a few ways to manage the text:
- If you have specific language you’d like to see appear as callouts, you can manually control your callouts. Learn more about creating callouts.
- Remember manual callouts will always override dynamic callouts in campaigns, so users would see the callouts you create, when they’re eligible to show.
- To opt out of dynamic callouts, you can disable an automated extension.
Performance and reports
You can access some dynamic callouts performance data from the Ad extensions tab. Here’s how:
- Sign into Adwords.
- Click the Ad extensions tab
- Select the “Automated extensions report” from the "View" drop-down menu
Otherwise, your eligible ads will show performance metrics as usual through your existing search ad performance reports.
How and when dynamic callouts can appear
Your ads won't always show these automated extensions. Dynamic callouts can appear for eligible ads when we can match certain, useful information with existing text on your landing page. Here’s more information on how and when dynamic callouts can appear:
- Dynamic callouts can vary in content highlighting different information pulled from your site, therefore it’s important to ensure that the information on your landing page is up to date and accurate.
- If another extension showing with your ads performs better than your dynamic callouts, these will be more likely to appear with your ads instead.
- If you’d like to alter your callout text, you can create manual callout extensions that will automatically override the dynamically provided extensions.
- If you’ve already created manual callout extensions, dynamic callouts will not appear and override them.