Use negative keywords for a Shopping campaign
While Shopping campaigns don't use keywords to target your ads, you can use negative keywords to help prevent your Shopping ads from appearing when you don't want them to. Learn more
This article will show you how to add, edit, or remove negative keywords to your Shopping campaign.
Before you begin
To use negative keywords, you first need to Create a Shopping campaign.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Select the Shopping campaign or ad group you want, then click the Keywords tab.
- Scroll down to find the negative keywords section below the main keywords table.
- Expand the section by clicking "+".
You'll see two tables: "Ad group level" and "Campaign level."
- To add negative keywords to an ad group, click the + Add button in the "Ad group level" table.
- To add negative keywords to a campaign, click the Add button in the "Campaign level" table.
Add your negative keywords, one per line. There's no need to include a negative sign (-) before each keyword.
- If you add broad-matched negative keywords, you'll need to add their plural versions, such as "wines."
- To add a negative phrase-matched keyword, surround the term with quotation marks.
- To add a negative exact-matched keyword, surround the term with brackets.
Manage Shopping campaigns in AdWords Editor
AdWords Editor is a free, downloadable application for managing your AdWords campaigns offline. You can use AdWords Editor to change bids on your product groups and landing page URLs. Learn more