Getting started with Local Services ads
Benefits of Local Services ads
- Get seen at the top of Google.
- Connect with customers, right when they’re searching for your specific services and most likely to book.
- Simple tools, tailored for you, so you can you get started, personalize your profile, and communicate on the fly with an easy-to-use app.
- Build trust with the Google Guarantee .
- Only pay for leads related to your business and the services you offer.
- Customers choose you: You only hear from customers who have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest.
How Local Services ads work
The Local Services unit is shown at the top of Google Search results when people search for the services you offer in your area. Potential customers can either call you or send you a message request by clicking on your ad. When they do, you'll get an email and notification from the Local Services ads app. From this point on, the lead is yours to turn into a customer.
To ensure you continue to receive messages, respond to as many of them as you can (even if you decline to provide the requested service). If you regularly fail to respond to messages or have repeated delays in your responses, the option for customers to send message requests to your business may be removed or your ad ranking may be affected.
At this time, Local Services ads are available only for certain service categories and areas.
Locksmiths, plumbers, electricians, HVAC, and garage door services.
California: Los Angeles, Riverside, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose
New York: New York
Select cities may have additional job types. To learn more or to get started, sign up here.
Accessing your Local Services ads accountYou can access your Local Services ads account anytime online and through the app (Android, iOS). Using these tools, you can:
- Receive and manage leads
- Communicate with customers about their requests and record notes
- Track your leads and bookings
- View reports about your ad's performance
- Pause your ad if you’re too busy to accept new leads
- Adjust your budget