Dynamic remarketing set-up guide
3. Create a new campaign
After you've identified your business type, you'll choose it as a campaign setting when you create your new dynamic remarketing campaign. At this stage, you'll also set a budget, choose a bid strategy, and create an ad group with remarketing lists.
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click Campaigns at the top of your screen.
- Click the +Campaign drop-down menu and select "Display Network only."
- Leave the "Marketing objective" radio button selected and check "Buy on your website."
- Enter a campaign name, bid strategy, and budget.
- Expand "Show additional settings."
- Expand "Dynamic ad settings" and select the "Use dynamic ads" checkbox.
- Click the "Business type" drop-down menu and choose your business type. If your business type is retail, select "retail" and link your Google Merchant Center account. If your business type isn’t listed, select "Other - custom option."
- Click the Set up remarketing button. You'll go through a guided three-step process to create your feed, set up your remarketing tag, and create your lists.
- Click the "Feed" drop-down menu and select your new feed.
- Click Save and continue.
- Enter an ad group name and bid.
- Under "Choose how to target your ads", click Interests and remarketing.
- In the "Select a category" drop-down menu, choose Remarketing lists.
- Click Set up remarketing to begin the 2-step process for creating your remarketing tag and lists:
- Step 1: AdWords will create the remarketing tag for you. You'll be able to email the website remarketing tag or mobile app tag ID to yourself or your webmaster, along with instructions on how to add it to your website or app. If you use Google Analytics, you’ll see a checkbox to use the tracking code that’s already on your website instead.
- Step 2: AdWords will create an "All visitors" list to get you started, so you don't need to create this list yourself. The "All visitors" list includes everyone who has visited tagged pages on your website. You can later create new lists for your different groups of website visitors.
- Click Save and continue if you want to create your ads, or Skip ad creation if you want to do this later. To increase the range of placements where your ads may appear, add both text and image ads in as many ad sizes as possible. The Ad gallery offers an easy way to create ads if you’d like to create new ones or don’t have any.