Set up cross-account conversion tracking
To use cross-account conversions, you’ll need to have more than one AdWords account and a manager account that’s linked to those accounts.
If you haven’t yet set up conversion tracking before, don't worry. We’ll help you with the steps below.Step 1: Create cross-account conversions within a manager account
- Before changing any conversion accounts, make sure that you’ve already added the necessary tags to your website. Otherwise, conversions won’t be recorded.
To verify cross-account conversions, make sure you've chosen one or more managed accounts to use your manager account's cross-account conversions, and that at least one conversion is recorded in a managed account.
Ready to set up? Follow the steps below to share cross-account conversions with your managed accounts:
- Sign in to your manager account at http://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Admin tab. You'll see a full list of your managed accounts.
- Check the boxes next to the managed accounts that you want using your conversion actions.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu.
- Select Conversion account, then Change to this manager. Your managed accounts will now use your conversion actions.
Disabling cross-account conversion tracking
A managed account can switch back to using its account-specific conversions again instead of cross-account conversions.
Before switching conversion management back to a managed account, make sure that the conversion tracking tags belonging to those conversions are still on the relevant webpages, if necessary. For example, you might have removed these tags when you created a cross-account conversion. If that’s the case, the managed account will need to generate new tags and add them to the site.
To prevent any conversions from being lost during the transition, leave the tag for the cross-account conversion as long as the number of days in your chosen conversion window.
To stop sharing conversion actions with managed accounts, simply follow the steps above under "Choose accounts for conversion action sharing," but during step 5, select Change to client.Disable cross-account conversions in a managed account
Have your managed accounts follow these steps if they’d like to disable cross-account conversions.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Tools menu and select Conversions.
- In the left menu, click Settings.
- Click Conversion account.
- Select This account.
- Click Save.