Add Google Analytics data to AdWords reports
Once you’ve linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, you can import Google Analytics data into AdWords and see this data in your AdWords account. This article will show you how to add Google Analytics columns to your AdWords reports.
If you want an overview of how this data can be helpful and some useful information to bear in mind, see About Google Analytics data in AdWords reports.
Before you begin
Before you can add Google Analytics data to your AdWords reports, you’ll need to do the following:
- Enable auto-tagging in your AdWords accounts.
- Link your AdWords and Google Analytics accounts. Make sure you import site metrics for the view you want to see in your AdWords account.
How to add Google Analytics reporting columns
To see your Google Analytics data in AdWords, follow the instructions below to add Google Analytics reporting columns to your AdWords reports:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Campaigns at the top of the screen.
- Click the tab that you want to add Google Analytics columns to: Campaigns, Ad groups, Ads or Keywords.
- Click the Columns menu and select Modify columns from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Select metrics”, click Google Analytics.
- To select your columns, click on the arrow icon next to each column that you’d like to add.
- Click Apply.
That’s it! You’ll now see Google Analytics data in your AdWords reports.
Bear in mind
- Everyone who uses your AdWords account will be able to see your imported Google Analytics metrics.
- To ensure that you're importing the targeted information that you need, it's important that you've linked your AdWords account to all the relevant Google Analytics views. For example, if your AdWords account has keywords and ads that target landing pages on four different websites, then it's important that you link your AdWords account to a Google Analytics view for each of the four sites.
- You can import Analytics data into your AdWords account from only one view per property, from a maximum of 10 properties.
- If you don't tag every page that you want to track in Google Analytics, then you won't get the complete data that you're looking for.
- Mobile app property metrics can't be imported from Google Analytics.
- You can't segment Google Analytics metrics by some dimensions, such as device.