Measure ad extension performance
If you've added extensions to your ads -- a phone number, for example, or a link to your website -- you can see how these extensions are performing. Just visit your AdWords account to see how many clicks and impressions your ad extension has received, its related costs, and other statistics. This data can help you decide which types of ad extensions work best for your ad, and when it's time to add or remove an existing ad extension.
Find your ad extension statistics
Use the Ad extensions tab to view statistics for all of the ad extensions in your campaigns. You can also manage your ad extensions on this tab. (An exception is social annotations, which are fully automated.) If you've enabled ad extensions in at least one campaign, the Ad extensions tab automatically appears in your account.
Here's how to find your Ad extensions tab and view your statistics:
- Sign into your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
If you don't see the Ad extensions tab, click the drop-down button at the top right of the table and check the box next to Ad extensions. If you don't want to see the tab, uncheck the box.
- Click the View: drop-down button and choose the type of extension you'd like to see statistics for.
- To see extension statistics across all of your campaigns, select "All online campaigns" from the side navigation. Otherwise, select the campaign you're interested in.
- Each extension will appear in its own row, including extensions that have yet to accrue any statistics.
Try it out
Available ad extension statistics
Here's what the columns on the Ad extensions tab show:
- Status: Shows if your ad extensions are marked "Eligible" or "Disapproved." Eligible ad extensions will only appear with your ads when they're relevant and the associated ad is also eligible to run. Learn how to fix a disapproved ad.
Enable the Policy details column to see information about why your extensions are disapproved or limited based on our advertising policies.
- Clicks: How many clicks your ad received when it was displayed with a particular extension type. This number combines clicks on the ad headline and on the ad extension, if applicable. To see clicks on just the ad extension, click the Segment drop-down button and select Click type.
- Impressions: The number of times your ad appeared with the ad extension.
- Clickthrough rate (CTR): The number of clicks your ad received divided by the number of times your ad was shown with the ad extension.
- Cost: The total cost of clicks on your ad when it appeared with the ad extension. Learn more about your actual click costs.
- Avg. position: The ad's average position on search results pages when shown with the ad extension.
- Avg. cost-per-click (CPC): The average amount you pay for each click when the ad appears with the ad extension. Average CPC is determined by totaling the cost of all clicks and dividing it by the number of clicks received.
Ad extension statistics are available for ads that appear on Google Search, Google's search partners for mobile (including Google Maps for mobile), and, in some cases, the Google Display Network.