Enhanced CPC (ECPC): Definition
A bid strategy that adjusts your cost-per-click (CPC) to help maximize conversions. ECPC combines manual bidding with a Smart Bidding strategy, like Target CPA or Target ROAS. This strategy raises your manual bids in situations that seem more likely to lead to a sale or other conversion on your website, and lowers your bid for situations that seem less likely to lead to a conversion.
- ECPC raises your bid by up to 30% (after applying any bid adjustments you've set) or lowers it by as much as 100% each time your ad is eligible to appear, based on how likely that click is to lead to a conversion.
- ECPC modifies 50% of your traffic initially, and then moves that percentage up or down based on how it is performing.
- ECPC can help you get more conversions while maintaining or reducing your cost per conversion.
- ECPC can be tested along with third-party bidding systems to give you a limited degree of AdWords Smart Bidding.
- ECPC works slightly differently for Shopping campaigns. Learn how to Set up ECPC for Shopping campaigns.