About seller rating extensions
Seller ratings are an automated extension type that showcases advertisers with high ratings. Google gathers seller ratings from reputable sources that aggregate business reviews. Showing below text ads, seller ratings help people searching on Google to find businesses that offer quality service. Seller ratings can help advertisers improve ad performance and earn more qualified leads.
Before you start
This article is about seller ratings extensions for Search Network text ads.
Seller ratings also appear on Google Shopping. For more details, see Seller ratings on Google Shopping. Note: You don't need to be a Shopping advertiser or to have a Google Merchant Center account for your ads to be eligible for seller ratings extensions on the Search Network.
What they look like
Here's what an ad might look like with seller ratings:
How they work
Seller ratings show as an automated extension in AdWords Search ads. These reviews and ratings primarily reflect customers' overall consumer experience with your business. We may not show seller ratings when the underlying reviews and ratings are unrelated to what's being advertised in a specific ad.
You're not charged for seller ratings. When people click on your ads with extensions, you'll be charged as usual for clicks on your ad. If you don't want seller ratings to be shown with your ads, follow the steps in Remove extensions.
When they appear
In most cases, seller ratings only appear when a business has 150 unique reviews and a composite rating of 3.5 stars or more.
Seller ratings appear with Search Network campaigns.
For tips on how to increase the likelihood of seller ratings appearing with your ad, see Make seller ratings more likely to show.
Where ratings come from
Google doesn't modify existing reviews. To provide consistent ratings, we calibrate ratings on a 1-5 scale and filter out reviews that we consider to be untrustworthy or otherwise questionable. Google bases seller ratings on a number of sources, including:
- Google Trusted Stores, a free certification programme that helps shoppers to discover online shops that consistently offer a great shopping experience.
- Google Customer Reviews, a free programme that collects post-purchase reviews on behalf of advertisers.
- StellaService, an independent company that analyses the quality of your customer service through the measurement of your customer care, delivery and returns.
- Aggregated performance metrics from Google-led shopping research.
- Ratings from Google Consumer Surveys, a market research platform that we use to collect data for certain domains and businesses.
- Shopping reviews for your shop domain, which include reviews from the various independent sources listed below.
We also source reviews from the following independent review websites:
- ECã ã
- The Feedback Company
- Shopper Approved
- Trusted Shops
- Verified Reviews