About seller rating extensions
Seller ratings are an automated extension type that showcases advertisers with high ratings. Google gathers seller ratings from reputable sources that aggregate business reviews. Showing below text ads, seller ratings help people searching on Google to find businesses that offer quality service. Seller ratings can help advertisers improve ad performance and earn more qualified leads.
Before you begin
This article is about seller ratings extensions for Search Network text ads.
Seller ratings also show on Google Shopping. For more details, see Seller ratings on Google Shopping. Note that you don't need to be a Shopping advertiser or to have a Google Merchant Center account for your ads to be eligible for seller ratings extensions on the Search Network.
What they look like
Here's what an ad might look like with seller ratings:
How they work
Seller ratings show as an automated extension in AdWords Search ads. These reviews and ratings primarily reflect customers' overall consumer experience with your business. We may not show seller ratings when the underlying reviews and ratings are unrelated to what's being advertised in a specific ad.
You' re not charged for seller ratings. When people click on your ads with extensions, you'll be charged as usual for clicks on your ad. If you don' t want seller ratings to show with your ads, follow the steps in Remove extensions.
When they show
In most cases, seller ratings only show when a business has 150 unique reviews and a composite rating of 3.5 stars or higher.
Seller ratings show with Search Network campaigns.
For tips on how to increase the likelihood of seller ratings showing with your ad, see Make seller ratings more likely to show.
Where ratings come from
Google doesn't modify existing reviews. To provide consistent ratings, we calibrate ratings on a 1–5 scale and filter out reviews that we consider to be untrustworthy or otherwise questionable. Google bases seller ratings on a number of sources, including:
- Google Trusted Stores, a free certification program that helps shoppers discover online stores that consistently offer a great shopping experience.
- Google Customer Reviews, a free program that collects post-purchase reviews on behalf of advertisers.
- StellaService, an independent company that analyzes the quality of your customer service through the measurement of your customer care, shipping and returns.
- Aggregated performance metrics from Google-led shopping research.
- Ratings from Google Consumer Surveys, a market research platform which we use to collect data for certain domains and businesses.
- Shopping reviews for your store domain, which include reviews from the various independent sources listed below.
We also source reviews from the following independent review websites:
- ECã ã
- The Feedback Company
- Shopper Approved
- Trusted Shops
- Verified Reviews